- Level of Course: HND in Business Marketing is a Level 5 qualification (equivalent to the second year of a UK Bachelor’s Degree). There is an embedded Level 4 exit qualification, the HNC.
- Number of Credit Hours; Upon successful completion of the course, the student will have completed at least 15 units and 240 + credits. On completion of HNC the student will have completed at least 8 units and 120 + credits.
- Study Mode: Full-Time
- BTEC Higher National Certificate (1 Year): The HNC is a Level-4 qualification delivered over one year. The HNC is an embedded component of the HND in Business (Marketing). However, it can be taken as a stand-alone qualification. If a student opts to take the HNC the student they would be eligible for a Higher National Certificate after successful completion of a minimum of 8 modules.
- BTEC Higher National Diploma (2 Years): The HND in Business Marketing is a Level-5 qualification delivered over two years, the first year at Level 4 and the second year at Level 5. If a student opts to take the HND in Business, the student they would be eligible for a Higher National Diploma after successful completion of a minimum of 15 modules.
- Attendance: Full-time students are required to attend 21 hours per week in term time.
- Workload: Total Qualification Time (TQT) is an estimate of the total amount of time required for a student to achieve and demonstrate the achievement of the level of attainment necessary for the award of a qualification. Each 15-credit module approximates to a TQT of 150 hours and 60 hours of Guided Learning. Mont Rose College recommends an average of 8-10 hours of home study per week for this programme.
- Exemptions: No exemptions are allowed for this programme.
INTENDED LEARNING OUTCOMES
After completing the course the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of organisations, the external environment in which they operate, how they are managed and a thorough understanding of the interdisciplinary nature of the business field.
- Conduct research
- Demonstrate cognitive skills of critical thinking, ability to solve structured and unstructured business problems.
- Communicate both orally and in writing, effectively and appropriately.
- Read and use literature on business accounting with a good, critical understanding • Be able to think independently and solve problems in accounting, auditing and taxation.
- Apply subject knowledge and understanding to address familiar and unfamiliar problems.
- Recognise and be able to discuss the moral and ethical issues in accountancy.
- Appreciate the need for ethical standards and professional codes of conduct in accounting.
- Have the capacity to give a clear and accurate account of a subject, assemble arguments in a logical way and engage in debate and dialogue both with specialists and non-specialists.
- Be able to appreciate the interdisciplinary nature of business.
- Have a degree of specialisation in accountancy through the optional modules.
The award is made up of 15 units:
Mandatory core units are:
- Business and the Business Environment.
- Marketing Essentials.
- Human Resource Management.
- Management & Operations.
- Management Accounting.
- Managing a Successful Business Project.
- Research Project.
- Organisational Behaviour.
Specialist Units Marketing Pathway
- Product and Service Development.
- Integrated Marketing Communication.
- Digital Marketing.
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management.
- Innovation and Commercialisation.
- Business Strategy.
- Sales Management.
Mont Rose College recruits students of good achievement from all educational backgrounds. Proven previous exam results are the main criteria for admission to Mont Rose College. International (Tier-4) students also need to show English language competence in order to secure admission.
The following criteria must be met in order to secure admission to Mont Rose College. Academic (at least one of the following)
- A- Level pass or equivalent.
- A BTEC Level-3 qualification HND in Business.
- Other related Level-3 qualifications.
- An Access to a Higher Education Certificate awarded by an approved Further Education institution.
- Related work experience (two years or more of relevant full-time work experience). Mature applicants may present a more varied profile of achievement that is likely to include extensive work experience (paid and/or unpaid) and/or achievement of a range of professional qualifications in their work sector.
For students from non-English speaking countries as defined by the regulators, IELTS 6.0 or CEFR (The Common European Framework of Reference) B2 level and above in reading, writing, listening and speaking is required.
Restrictions on Learner Entry
The Edexcel BTEC Higher National qualifications are accredited on the Qualification and Credit Framework (QCF) for learners aged 18 years and over.
Essa escola oferece programas em:
Última atualização February 6, 2018